Thursday, July 30, 2009

Hill Harper Hour;Day One

Last night I started reading Hill Harper's Letters to a Young Sister;deFINE your destiny,his follow up novel to Letters to a Young Brother ; MANifest Your Destiny. Ladies questioned him of some of the things he focused on in the Young Brother in the way they it refers to a "young sistah";to give them the knowledge they may not get from a man in thier life. I came to apart where Hill asked the readers to sketch where we see our lives,sketch our dreams ,goals,everything.
I decided I'd sketch and then paint a vivid picture.
Here is my First treatise.

Letter One.
Hill just said I was FINE.
Not that," Wassup shorty,yu lookin too FINE do yu mind if i drop yu a line?" Fine.
or that "Hey slim. Can I fill them jeans?"Fine either.
That You are Fantastic Interesting Necessary Exceptional FINE.
Fantastic because there is no one else like yu;we're all unique. We are all inimitable.
Interesting because of all the different things going on your life.Your trials and tribulations , Q&As,your perspective on life.
Necessary because the world would not be the same without your contributions that you've put out and the ones yu will in the future.
Exceptional because "you are without exception. No one can "write you off"."(8.Harper)
Babygirl Yu are FINE.
__________________
Q: I've been teased because of my intelligence and feel bad about the grades I make.What should I do?

A(via Michelle Obama):Stay smart,creative,and thoughtful. Encourage your girlfriends just the same.Keep reading and sharing your thoughts,ideas, and opinions.

_______________
Letter two.

Hill keeps it "old-school".
Tells me to look at the fundemental principles,
the ones needed to create a wonderful life. He's worried with all this "new school" stuff he won't be able to reach me,to get his point across.
He asks me to read his letters in a quiet place away from the computer, away form the tv, away from my cell phone, soI can understand him, can grasp what he is saying, and i can think on it.
I do.{this is just my afternotes.}
Then he asaks a question;What do yu want your life to look like?
If yu know me,yu know I could answer this in soooo many ways.
But he doesn't want me to answer yet.... He just wants me to dream BiG.
Is what you're believing empowering yu or limiting yu??
You can deFINE & design your future... && he asks me to write out the defintion of what I want my life to be.

&&

so do yu.


it has been my hour i wish I could say a tab bit more but I believe it promptness.

RaiOut
12:40

No comments:

Post a Comment